over 100 million people deal with back pain every year. If you are dealing with pain, there are a host of ways to find noninvasive and non-drug related pain management and treatment techniques. These are available for helping to treat all kinds of back pain, shoulder and joint pain and neck pain.
In Scottsdale AZ, noninvasive pain treatment is available to help with the various types of pain symptoms you may have. Below is a list of a few different types of widely-accepted pain management programs that you may want to consider:
• Exercising and stretching:Physical exercise is a great way to increase your flexibility and your strength and stamina. Exercise also helps to promte an increased range of motion. For pain management, you may want to consider stretching, areobics and water aerobics, yoga, walking, the McKenzie method, and other exercises. These may include various types of active, passive and resistive exercises with weights and elastic bands. Exercise can help promote good cardiovascular health, better spinal disk alignment and an increased musculoskeletal health.
• Manual techniques:If you have pain that involves the nerves and joints, you may need a manual technique that can help to treat it. A chiropractor or physical therapist can help with applying force to the affected area to treat ligaments, joints, and tense or sore muscles. Speak with your doctor about which approach can help you.
• Behavioral modification: If you’ve ever thought about meditation, breathing exercises or hypnotism, these are all examples of behavioral methods. These can help optimize your response to severe amounts of pain and the painful stimuli that cause pain.
• Cognitive therapy: This is a form of therapy that can help patients as they learn about treatment options to help with severe pain through relaxation techniques, coping techniques and other methods. Biofeedback involves learning to control muscle tension, blood pressure, and heart rate for symptomatic improvement.
• Superficial heat or coolness to the skin: Different types of pain management methods may include heat or ice packs, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, and diathermy. These are used in conjunction with exercise and usually administered by a physical therapist or chiropractor.
• Electrotherapy: As we previously mentioned, electrical stimulation or e-stim is used in the form of a TENS unit. TENS therapy is a way to exercise the muscle to minimize the pain in that specific area. A low-voltage form of electric stimulation is sent into the muscles to aggravate and exercise them. These impulses work with the sensory nervous system. These forms of therapy have helped to reduce pain in patients but on a temporary basis.
• Pain relievers?Pain relievers are a way to help with pain management and these can be done in a case by case basis. Patients that have severe pain may want to speak with a doctor about visiting a pain management center that can help with proven drugs that can treat extreme forms of neck and back pain that may not be treatable with surgery. These pain medications may be incorporated with rehabilitation, chiropractic visits and physical therapy. A doctor may advise an analgesic or a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory to treat pain symptoms.As you can tell, there are a host of ways to treat pain that are non-invasive. If you are in Scottsdale AZ, noninvasive pain treatment options are available near you. Speak to your doctor today about the various pain management options that may help you to manage your pain.